In the corner of the cafe, you'll find the industrious Jailerbreaker Roastery.

Quality, sustainability and ethical trading are core values for us, so we partner with longstanding fair trade coffee pioneer Trade Aid in sourcing our Fairtrade Organic beans.

Vernon & John - our Roastery team.

Vernon & John - our Roastery team.

We also redistribute 70% of our roastery profits to help towards developing a sustainable and viable livelihood for our producers overseas.  The remaining 30% is reinvested in the business - our shareholders don't take any dividends.

 

We don’t view this as generosity, but rather a redistribution of profit and resource to where it rightfully belongs. 

Running a successful cafe requires a bucketload of passion, hard work and clever thinking. If you want a head start, great advice, responsive service and truly ethical business practices from your coffee supplier then contact us.